Raising a formidable army for excellence
Leadership Development Series 002
Course Title: Managing Threats in a Leader’s Environment
Inspiration : Genesis 21:22-34
Facilitator: Dr. Okey Onyema
Topic: Contending with Hostility in the Environment
Success exposes a leader to envy, especially if the person is an alien where his/her operation is domiciled. A leader may be subjected to victimization by those who claim ownership of the environment. Without any justifiable reason, state and non-state actors may unleash their venom on the leader, in order to bring him/her down. The scripture reveals that without any provocation, Abimelech’s aides confiscated a well Abraham dug to access water for his livestock. This aggressive behaviour may not be unconnected to a subtle plan to frustrate his business from making further progress.
Leaders can experience hostile attitudes in their vicinity due to the following reasons:
* Feelings of insecurity from those who are key players in the area.
* The oppressive nature of other leaders in the community
*The perception that a leader is not giving back to the environment.
- Do you have a cordial relationship with people in your environment?
- If no, what do you think is the cause?
- Is there any form of aggression against you or your organization?
- Do you think you are doing enough to help people in your environment?
- Go the extra mile to assauge people from furthering their ill feelings against you or your organization.