Raising a formidable army for excellence
Leadership Development Series 002
Course Title: Managing Threats in a Leader’s Environment
Inspiration : Genesis 21:22-34
Facilitator: Dr. Okey Onyema
Topic: Secure Your Interests and Investments in every Transaction
People can be unpredictable in relationships and partnerships. A trusted associate may one day turn to a tormentor. Therefore, it is pertinent for a leader to secure his/her interests and investments properly. It should also be in such a way that successors can benefit from it unhindered. In our inspiration scripture (vs 26-34), Abraham gave gifts to Abimelech to extract an oath of security, that he dug the well. He called the place Beersheba and also planted a tree there unto God to commemorate the oath. Agreements can be denied or tampered with, but God’s witness is truth.
To secure interests and investments when dealing with other parties, a leader should:
*Establish a formal process (legally, traditionally or spiritually), in any transaction that a breach of trust may be hazardous to him/her and the organization.
* Involve God to witness all his/her transactions and agreements with others.
* Have human witnesses on any oral or written agreements and documents with people.
1. Have you been a victim of breach of trust or denial of oral agreement(s)?
2. Have you developed a formal process of securing your interests and investments in your further dealings with people?
1. Document business and partnership agreements, and give legal backing to your investments.
2. Let a third party witness your agreements (written or oral) with people.
3. Always ask God to be a witness in all your transactions with others.